Question Computer turning on but no monitor signal and no lights on keyboard/mouse ?

Aug 24, 2021
One day when I tried to start my computer, the computer itself would turn on and all the lights would go on, but the screen said "no signal" and the lights in my keyboard and mouse wouldn't turn on.

So I took my pc to a pc-store and they said the problem was somewhere in the motherboard/processor. So I bought a new motherboard and processor (I was thinking about getting a new motherboard and processor anyway so this wasn't a big deal). But then when I put new parts in it still had the same problem. I'm in a corner now and I have no idea what I should do so any help is welcome. The white LED indicating that something is wrong with the GPU is lit as well, but they said the GPU was working fine in the store.

Specs

Motherboard: Asus rog strix b550-f gaming
CPU: Amd ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: Asus amd radeon rx vega 64 rog strix oc (Got it for cheap like 3 years ago, don't ask)
RAM: G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB), Ripjaws V, DDR4 3200MHz, CL16
PSU: Corsair 750W RM750x

Well since you eliminated the motherboard and processor as being the culprit, it narrows it down to the gpu, gpu cable, monitor itself. And since your new motherboard is telling you it is not getting a gpu signal I would guess it IS your gpu. Do you have an old gpu sitting around that you can try?

Reactions: rickypicky5
Jul 6, 2021
One day when I tried to start my computer, the computer itself would turn on and all the lights would go on, but the screen said "no signal" and the lights in my keyboard and mouse wouldn't turn on.

So I took my pc to a pc-store and they said the problem was somewhere in the motherboard/processor. So I bought a new motherboard and processor (I was thinking about getting a new motherboard and processor anyway so this wasn't a big deal). But then when I put new parts in it still had the same problem. I'm in a corner now and I have no idea what I should do so any help is welcome. The white LED indicating that something is wrong with the GPU is lit as well, but they said the GPU was working fine in the store.

Specs

Motherboard: Asus rog strix b550-f gaming
CPU: Amd ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: Asus amd radeon rx vega 64 rog strix oc (Got it for cheap like 3 years ago, don't ask)
RAM: G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB), Ripjaws V, DDR4 3200MHz, CL16
PSU: Corsair 750W RM750x
Probably not the case, but make sure the RAM is pushed in all the way. This happened to me when I rebuilt my PC, and the RAM wasn't sticked in properly. Though I doubt the PC store wouldn't notice that, still worth checking. Good luck with your issue.

ASK THE COMMUNITY