Question Computer turning on for 15 seconds then turning off

sebibatyo

Commendable
Jul 28, 2018
Good afternoon,
The other day I brought my computer over to my friends house and it started to do the turn on for 5 seconds then turn off loop. The computer ended up fixing itself and worked the rest of the day. When I brought it home it ended up doing the same thing except never "fixed itself". I've taken out everything and put it back in, turned the computer on and off multiple times and the only luck i've had it making the computer turn on for 15 seconds before it turns off and loops. Any ideas on what the problem is. This same problem has occurred 3-4 times but each time I somehow fixed it. Now ive tried everything I have in the past and does nothing.
Thanks!

mahmoud2244

Commendable
Jun 16, 2020
well it could be something stupid like the power cord is not good so try anther one first, if not you can try and flash the bios, if that didn't work i think it's the ram causing this if you have two stiks use only one of them and switch between them if it worked with one of them then you have a dead ram and you need to change it
but if possible try the ram in a different pc first cause if they work that means you have pad motherboard

sebibatyo

Commendable
Jul 28, 2018
well it could be something stupid like the power cord is not good so try anther one first, if not you can try and flash the bios, if that didn't work i think it's the ram causing this if you have two stiks use only one of them and switch between them if it worked with one of them then you have a dead ram and you need to change it
but if possible try the ram in a different pc first cause if they work that means you have pad motherboard
Ive tried another power cord and didnt seem to do anything. Whats "flashing the bios"? Im not that smart around computer so I dont know how to do a lot of this stuff. I only have one ram and ive taken it out and put it back in 2-3 times already and that didnt do anything. I sadly dont have any other pc to put the ram in so I can't test that out :(.
Thanks anyways for replying though!

TRENDING THREADS