[SOLVED] Computer turns off during stress test.

Apr 4, 2021
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x no overclock
RAM: 16Gb ddr4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 mhz
MOBO: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi
GPU: NVIDIA 2070 Super no overclock
PSU: Corsair CX750M

Hi, My computer simply cannot handle any stress without shutting down. This happened after changing my CPU cooler from the default ryzen wraith cooler to the Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, which drastically improved my performance without throttling.
unknown.png

This shows the difference in cinebench scores before (2735) and after (9887) changing my cooler. However, when playing games, it started turning off by itself. After running the CPU+GPU AIDA 64 stress test, it turned off again:
unknown.png

It turned off after the CPU only hit 57 C.
I performed a GPU only test on Furmark, and it turned off when it hit 70C, which is a normal load temperature.
Am I right in thinking that this has to be a PSU problem? I've had it for about 6 years now, and it wasn't a particularly good PSU even then, but that would mean that a PSU rated at 750W can't even consistently output ~500W

EDIT: Drivers all updated, dust cleaned out, wires reseated, etc, still keeps happening.

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on currently for the motherboard? You might want to borrow a higher quality PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a PSU that can output at least 550W of power to the entire system(not less than that) in order to rule out your PSU being faulty/failing.

Version of Windows 10 at the time of writing?

Lutfij

Titan

What BIOS version are you on currently for the motherboard? You might want to borrow a higher quality PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a PSU that can output at least 550W of power to the entire system(not less than that) in order to rule out your PSU being faulty/failing.

Solution
Apr 4, 2021

Hi, this is my system info for my BIOS:
unknown.png

and my windows is up to date:
unknown.png

Apr 4, 2021

Replaced my PSU with a 650W Platinum Rated Be Quiet Straight Power 11, ran aida 64 stress test for several hours with no hiccups, thanks for the help!