• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

[SOLVED] Computer turns off in seconds with new cpu

Jul 4, 2020
CPU: i7-9700k
Mobo: Asus MPG z390 gaming plus
PSU: gamemax 800w atx power supply
GPU: MSI RTX 2060 SUPER

I believe I have enough power to support the i7 and the rest of the build given this i7 doesn't draw significantly more power than my previous i5-9400F. I'm just not sure what is causing the issue.

Jul 4, 2020
CPU fan not registering with the BIOS?
The CPU fan came on when I turned the computer on. As for BIOS, the computer does not make it completely to BIOS, it turns off the MSI screen. It ran longer the first launch due to the "detected new processor or storage" screen.

Jul 4, 2020
A simple test is to take out the RAM. It should have a very different symptom.
Taking out both RAM sticks leads to the computer not booting. This mobo has a lights that come on to signal an issue prior to boot. The DRAM error light turns on and the computer does not get to the boot phase. Also the CPU error light does not come on with the i7.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS