Question Computer turns off randomly, but lights stay on.

Jun 2, 2020
I recently built a new computer and it's been having an issue where all the screens turn off, my keyboard lights turn off, but fans, case lights, and mouse lights stay on. I'm using my old graphics card that I've never had issues with before, and the rest of the hardware is new. My thoughts are that is a bad power supply but I'm not sure how I'd go about testing that. It does seem to do it only while playing games. My cpu temps stay around 50-55c. Any advice or help would be really appreciated thanks.

EDIT: When I have this issue the power button on my tower doesn't work, if I hold it down the computer will not turn off, I have tried remoting into my computer on my phone and it shows it as "offline". The only way for me to turn it off and back on is by turning off the power supply.

Hardware:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

GPU: RTX 2070 Super

RAM: 32 gigs of G.Skill F4-3200

CPU COOLER: rog ryuo 240

PSU: CORSAIR CV Series CV650

MOBO: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020
did you just swap the storage drive from the old PC and boot up?
Yes I just swapped my old ssd from my old computer, it boots up just randomly has this issue, when it does have this issue not even the power button my the tower works, I have to turn of the power supply to get it to fully turn off and back on, there is no other way for me to turn it off.

Jun 2, 2020
After running some more tests, it seems like whenever my gpu is under high load is when it crashes, I've used this gpu on my old computer and had no issues, so idk what the issue is now.

Dec 28, 2020
After running some more tests, it seems like whenever my gpu is under high load is when it crashes, I've used this gpu on my old computer and had no issues, so idk what the issue is now.
Any update? I am having the same problem. Got worse and worse, and now it's stopped booting altogether...