Computer turns off randomly (rarely when playing games), but turns off often ONLY when launching Fortnite.

May 12, 2018
About 90% of the time, when I launch Fortnite, and it gets past the loading screen (goes to patching...) my computer just turns off. It will do it very rarely too while in game. Also, sometimes my PC gets really loud and my monitors turn off/go black, but the PC is still on. NOTE: Sometimes, when I unplug the power cord (for my pc) from my wall into a different outlet, it completely renders the outlets on the new plugged in wall all useless. Everything plugged into the same wall just doesn't work unless I flip the switch on the electrical box thing.

Solution

I think you might be having electrical issues with your house, I would recommend getting an uninterruptible power supply, or UPS, to plug your PC into, it will protect it against...

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

I think you might be having electrical issues with your house, I would recommend getting an uninterruptible power supply, or UPS, to plug your PC into, it will protect it against power surges, power loss, and it will smooth out the power from the wall which may be causing this issue. Try the PC in a different outlet on a different breaker first to see if the issue persists.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS