[SOLVED] COMPUTER TURNS OFF THEN FANS GO FULL SPEED.

Sep 28, 2019
Hello, I've been having an Issue where just at random my computer will shut off then my fans will go at full speed and I can't seem to pinpoint the issue, if anyone has any suggestion's that would be greatly appreciated, It doesn't seem to be overheated, and something I thought I'd note is that the light on my CPU Cooler would stay on.

SPECS:
RTX 2060 SUPER Ventus
Ryzen 5 3600
Asrock B450 Pro4
Corsair H60 CPU Cooler
Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 600W
2x8GB 3000MHZ T-Force
1TB WD Black

Solution
First of all, you NEED to get rid of that Masterwatt Lite 600w unit. Possibly one of the absolutel worst power supplies I've seen from a major brand in the last ten years. It certainly has one of the absolute worst review scores on JonnyGuru for a major industry player that I've seen aside from maybe Raidmax or Aerocool. Well, actually you can include some of the Thermaltake units with those as well. Pretty bad either way.

I'd recommend, highly recommend, that you seek out a quality 550-650w unit.

First of all, you NEED to get rid of that Masterwatt Lite 600w unit. Possibly one of the absolutel worst power supplies I've seen from a major brand in the last ten years. It certainly has one of the absolute worst review scores on JonnyGuru for a major industry player that I've seen aside from maybe Raidmax or Aerocool. Well, actually you can include some of the Thermaltake units with those as well. Pretty bad either way.

I'd recommend, highly recommend, that you seek out a quality 550-650w unit.

Chances are good that just doing that may resolve all your issues. For real.

Beyond that, I would make CERTAIN that you have the absolute latest motherboard BIOS version installed. If you do NOT have the latest BIOS version installed, be SURE to read ALL of the notes on the BIOS update page because there are some prerequisites you need to follow such as first updating to specific versions and updating the chipset drivers to those currently available from the AMD website for many of these updates. It would be good to simply report back here with WHICH BIOS version you DO currently have installed, and we could go from there if necessary.

Also, make sure you have the latest chipset drivers installed, located here:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

But deal with the PSU before doing ANY of that. Random shut downs don't generally happen unless there is a serious motherboard problem or a bad PSU, or a short somewhere, and given the model of that PSU plus the nature of your hardware, it's not hard to see that the problem leads directly to that poor quality power supply.

Solution
Yes, that should be fine.

3.9 is the latest so you should be good there. Make sure to update the chipset drivers after you replace the PSU using the link I provided above AND it wouldn't hurt to visit the product page for your motherboard and make sure that you have the latest audio and network adapter/ethernet drivers installed as well.