[SOLVED] Computer turns on but monitor doesn't turn on

Aug 27, 2020
Ever since I built my computer a couple years ago, it's been having this issue occasionally.

I will turn on my computer and the lights and fans will start running but the monitor will not turn on. Sometimes I'll hear a faint beep, but it doesn't sound like a motherboard beep.

It happens sometimes for no apparent reason, when I move the computer, or poke around inside it to clean it.
y, it's started flashing a blue light even when it's shut down, but it used to only flash when it was asleep.

Just today, it stopped turning on entirely until I wiggled the power plug, and once I got it turned on the plug fell out of position and turned itself off.

The problem has been happening more often lately and I would really appreciate if y'all could help me. :)

-Kelly

Solution
Means, your monitor has no signal.
I also faced this issue with my PC a year ago.
Try these methods I had also tried -
1. Remove the RAM and clean them with a lens cleaning cloth. Be gentle while cleaning it. Just clean the golden pins not chips. Or take a pencil eraser and erase dus from RAM golden pins.

2. Remove the silver battery on motherboard and replace the battery with a new one. But firstly try to remove the battery then please it again.

3. Replace your HDMI or VGA cable. Sometimes cables are the issue.

3. Gently clean your PC.

4. Your RAM maybe dead. Replace with a new one.
Aug 28, 2020
Sounds like the PC has been failing to POST all this time from time to time.

I would replace that power supply, but first does any computer component smell fried?

Thanks,

FPSMAC

Riuzaki

Commendable
Aug 23, 2020
Means, your monitor has no signal.
I also faced this issue with my PC a year ago.
Try these methods I had also tried -
1. Remove the RAM and clean them with a lens cleaning cloth. Be gentle while cleaning it. Just clean the golden pins not chips. Or take a pencil eraser and erase dus from RAM golden pins.

2. Remove the silver battery on motherboard and replace the battery with a new one. But firstly try to remove the battery then please it again.

3. Replace your HDMI or VGA cable. Sometimes cables are the issue.

3. Gently clean your PC.

4. Your RAM maybe dead. Replace with a new one.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS