Question Computer turns ON but no BIOS and no Display ?

hysobe

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2014
Hi basically my computer has been working amazingly with no issues for a long time, My computer tilted and bumped the wall a little (not hard) and the display froze on the screen. It wasn't responsive the screen had just totally frozen up. I tried ctrl+alt and delete and there was no response..

following this i tried to restart my computer by the switch and when the computer powered on i had NO display on my screen at-all the monitor was in standby mode (orange light)

My monitor is functioning fine as i connected it to my laptop to test it.

My computer powers on but there is no connection to the screen at all, there is no BIOS text at all as usual to even identify what may be wrong.

Computer will power on for a few minutes, the fans will work on the GPU, and then the fans will stop and the computer will power off and then power back on.

hope somebody can help thank you.

hysobe

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2014
You may have knocked your gpu loose. Have you tried removing it and reinstalling it?
thanks for the reply, my GPU powers up (i think) as the fans are working and spinning, then after maybe 5 seconds the fans stop working (the computer is still running while it does this as i can still here it.. and then a few seconds later the whole computer powers off

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS