[SOLVED] Computer turns on, but no longer displays

Nov 17, 2019
My fiance punched his desk out of anger, which caused the computer to restart. When starting back up, it made a loud screech, and now it no longer displays. No BIOS screen, just nothing. The computer is lighting up and it sounds like everything is seemingly working, but there is no output. We've taken the whole thing apart and put it all back together, but the problem persists. We've switched display cables, too. H suspects it's the hard drive, but would that prevent anything displaying? If anyone has any suggestions on fixing this, I would greatly appreciate it. Even knowing what to replace if need be would be great.

Motherboard: Asus LGA1151 DDR4
16gb RAM
GTX1060 6gb
i7 6700k

Solution
The HDD, unless its shorting out, wouldn't cause a no display situation. You can boot without it connected, it just wouldn't be present when windows loads or won't boot into windows if it's the boot drive.

If you are sure you heard the Windows start sound then connect the display to the motherboard video ports while the pc off and see if you have a screen when you boot up.

If you don't hear the windows startup sound then with the power unplugged, disconnect all your drives and remove the GPU; use the motherboard jumper to clear your Cmos, then plug the monitor into one of the motherboard video ports , plug the power cord back in, boot up and see if you can get any display now.

hopefully you've insert a boot up the fiance's...

popatim

Titan
The HDD, unless its shorting out, wouldn't cause a no display situation. You can boot without it connected, it just wouldn't be present when windows loads or won't boot into windows if it's the boot drive.

If you are sure you heard the Windows start sound then connect the display to the motherboard video ports while the pc off and see if you have a screen when you boot up.

If you don't hear the windows startup sound then with the power unplugged, disconnect all your drives and remove the GPU; use the motherboard jumper to clear your Cmos, then plug the monitor into one of the motherboard video ports , plug the power cord back in, boot up and see if you can get any display now.

hopefully you've insert a boot up the fiance's tailpipe for breaking the PC... <evil grin> LOL

Solution
Nov 17, 2019

hopefully you've insert a boot up the fiance's tailpipe for breaking the PC... <evil grin> LOL

We managed to fix it, 5 minutes after I made the post (great timing), and I still wanna shove my boot up there. Turns out the RAM just needed to be popped back in, he just didn't let it click in the first time. He fixed it and immediately said "you're gonna wanna kill me" because it was literally the first suggestion I found online, he just screwed it up the first time.

Well, I appreciate the help, anyways!