Computer turns on, but no output to screen

BenjamimRJ

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
I upgraded my CPU, gpu, motherboard and ram, but now my pc cant output to my screen. When i press the power button, the computer turns on like usual, but the screen stays blank. After being on for 10 seconds or so, the fans on the gpu stop spinning. I tried changing the gpu(1060 then 960 then nothing) and it still couldn't output anything to my screen. I have now looked for hours for a solution, but I found nothing useful. Right now I think the possible problem could be: dead mobo, front panel bug or damaged cpu.

CPU:
New: 7600k old: 4670k
Gpu
New: 1060 3gb old: 960 4gb
Mobo:
New Asus z170a old: Asus z87 k

Solution
You might also have a problem with your monitor if you are using VGA. The 10 series dropped all support for analog video so if you are using VGA instead of DVI or HDMI it won't output. Find a way to update the bios as that should fix your problem.

BenjamimRJ

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from BenjamimRJ : "Computer turns on, but doesn't output anything to screen"

I upgraded my CPU, gpu, motherboard and ram, but now my pc cant output to my screen. When i press the power button, the computer turns on like usual, but the screen stays blank. After being on for 10 seconds or so, the fans on the gpu stop spinning. I tried changing the gpu(1060 then 960 then nothing) and it still couldn't output anything to my screen. I have now looked for hours for a solution, but I found nothing useful. Right now I think the possible problem could be: dead mobo, front panel bug or damaged cpu.

CPU:
New: 7600k old: 4670k
Gpu
New: 1060 3gb old: 960 4gb
Mobo:
New Asus z170a old: Asus z87 k

4745454b

Titan
You might also have a problem with your monitor if you are using VGA. The 10 series dropped all support for analog video so if you are using VGA instead of DVI or HDMI it won't output. Find a way to update the bios as that should fix your problem.

Solution