Question Computer "turns on" but no signal on monitors and mouse/keyboard

Flodine

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
So here's all the info i can provide. This is a recent build, worked flawlessly before and never had any issues with it. Last week i went on vacation and before that it worked perfectly but after I came back once i turn the PC on it doesn't show any life to my mouse or keyboard or even the monitor. I checked all the cables inside and outside and made sure they were all connected really well, i resocketed the RAM sticks and made sure they were all the way in and dust free. Made sure that everything was dust free. The PC turns on, all the fans start spinning and all the RGB turns on. There is RGB on the motherboard and even it glows, all pc/cpu fans glow aswell but i cannot seem to get my PC to post. I dunno if it is that my motherboard or PSU is fried or if the CMOS battery is dead or what. One thing that could be it is that the power went out here for about 8 hours while I was away and it could be possible that after it came back (even while shut down) it fried it? I'm really clueless where to start to troubleshoot after this with no beeps or anything i tried looking everywhere but it didn't help

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard: ASUS ROG B350-F
Ram: Patriot Viper 2x8GB DDR4 2666Mhz
SSD/HDD: WD Blue 1TB
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580
PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 G+
Chassis: Cooler Master HAF

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If the wall socket's rocker switch was in the OFF position and the PC was powered down prior, it can't be possible that the PSU was fried.