Computer turns on but nothing on the screen

rejinpgeorge

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
Cpu fan is working and nothing shows on the screen other than black screen!
My monitor is good and when i removed my ram i got three beeps from mainboard. So which component seems faulty? or what might be the problem? . Does this indicate my cpu is dead?
I need quick answers please I'm frustrated.. Kindly drop comments
PS:I've replaced my ram

rejinpgeorge

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017

rejinpgeorge

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
@robert ban
My specs are pretty old
Ddr3-4gb+ddr2 4gb( RAM)
ASROCK 960GCGS FX mainboard
450w PSU
Amd x2 dual core cpu
Nvidia gt 7102gb ddr3 graphics card

Please let me know how to identify whether cpu or mainboard has to do anything with this.

First off, according to this:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/960GC-GS%20FX/?cat=Specifications
That motherboard cannot support DDR3 and DDR2 simultaneously, so you need to remove either the DDR2 or DDR3(I'd remove the DDR2). Then try it again. If you still have issues, go here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems
Work through the list. WORK!, not just read!
If you still have issues, come back here with the results of EACH step in the list, and we will try to help. Since we can neither see nor touch your PC, we need the answers to the steps in order to eliminate possible problems and common errors, to give you a reasoned diagnosis. Help us to help you!

vexefon

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017

I would not recommend using 2 types of ram its just not the best and can cause issues

rejinpgeorge

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
@clarkjd
I've tried all those alternatives given in that link you put yesterday and still my system fails to boot.. The only thing that seems to be working is the cpu fan and mainboard buzzer that gives three beeps when ram is removed... What should i do now? At least let me know which component seems faulty!
Please provide help!

Did you remove the DDR2 ram and try to boot? There is NO way your motherboard will boot with both DDR2 and DDR3 ram installed. After removing the DDR2 ram, what were the results(answers) to the questions in the list? EACH question, in order?