Question Computer turns on, fans begin whirring, then display shuts off and PC crashes ?

Aug 19, 2022
Back in July of this year, I had gone to a family reunion and was gone for about a week and a half. Before I left, my computer had worked completely fine, no issues whatsoever. I made sure to turn it off before I left.

When I returned home, I booted up the computer to enjoy an afternoon of gaming. However, when I opened the game and started playing, all of a sudden the GPU (GeForce GTX 1660 Ti) fans began to run very loudly, and the monitor suddenly shut off. I tried to turn it on but it gave me the “No DP signal from your device” message and shut down again. Unable to do anything, I forced the PC to shut off, gave it a few minutes, then turned it back on again. It booted up just fine, and I waited several minutes just to make sure it didn’t shut off again. It did not, so I booted up a different game and started playing again. About two minutes in, the same thing happened. The fans went crazy, the monitor stopped receiving signal from the computer, and I had to shut it down.

When I turned it back on a third time, I just assumed something was wrong with the games. But this time was different. My computer turned on, but this time I didn’t even get to open a game before it happened again. This time I tried to wait it out, maybe the issue would go away if I didn’t mess with it for a bit. Instead, the PC shut itself off too.

The PC has remained in this state since. I’ll turn it on, be able to log in, and a couple seconds in, the fans kick in, monitor goes out, and my PC shuts itself off after several seconds if I don’t pull the plug first. Sometimes it happens the moment after I enter my password.

I don’t understand what’s causing this. I’ve tried dusting the insides off, seeing if maybe something was stuck in the fans, or checking if something was loose. I don’t understand at all, especially since this started after me being a week away even though it was off the entire time, and completely fine when I left. What’s the matter with my computer?

Back in July of this year, I had gone to a family reunion and was gone for about a week and a half. Before I left, my computer had worked completely fine, no issues whatsoever. I made sure to turn it off before I left.

When I returned home, I booted up the computer to enjoy an afternoon of gaming. However, when I opened the game and started playing, all of a sudden the GPU (GeForce GTX 1660 Ti) fans began to run very loudly, and the monitor suddenly shut off. I tried to turn it on but it gave me the “No DP signal from your device” message and shut down again. Unable to do anything, I forced the PC to shut off, gave it a few minutes, then turned it back on again. It booted up just fine, and I waited several minutes just to make sure it didn’t shut off again. It did not, so I booted up a different game and started playing again. About two minutes in, the same thing happened. The fans went crazy, the monitor stopped receiving signal from the computer, and I had to shut it down.

When I turned it back on a third time, I just assumed something was wrong with the games. But this time was different. My computer turned on, but this time I didn’t even get to open a game before it happened again. This time I tried to wait it out, maybe the issue would go away if I didn’t mess with it for a bit. Instead, the PC shut itself off too.

The PC has remained in this state since. I’ll turn it on, be able to log in, and a couple seconds in, the fans kick in, monitor goes out, and my PC shuts itself off after several seconds if I don’t pull the plug first. Sometimes it happens the moment after I enter my password.

I don’t understand what’s causing this. I’ve tried dusting the insides off, seeing if maybe something was stuck in the fans, or checking if something was loose. I don’t understand at all, especially since this started after me being a week away even though it was off the entire time, and completely fine when I left. What’s the matter with my computer?
it might be a vbios corruption..