[SOLVED] Computer turns on for a couple of seconds, turns off and repeats this cycle

cscraigsmith046

Commendable
Nov 11, 2018
Recently i have changed a few components on my pc (which was working fine),i changed my psu (500W CiT PSU) to (CX500M), i also changed my intel stock cooler to an arctic freezer 33 esports one, and my pc case (CiT G force). After installing everything. When i boot the computer up it would start for a few seconds, the fans would spin, my new hard drive would spin but after a very short time the pc would power down, and then it would try again, in a continuous loop until the PSU switch was flipped

for references these are my specs:
- Z97 PC MATE LGA1151
- i5-4590
- GTX 1050 2GB
- 2x4gb ddr3 1600Mhz (Hyperx fury)
- Corsair CX500M

any other questions dont hesitate to ask, thanks

Solution
Reset BIOS...? Double check all cable connections and AUX power ports?

Start with minimal boot.
CPU, 1 stick of RAM (make sure you put it in the correct slot/check manual), keyboard, monitor (plugged into MB port). See if you can get into BIOS. If you can, repeat process, adding one component at a time.
Reset BIOS...? Double check all cable connections and AUX power ports?

Start with minimal boot.
CPU, 1 stick of RAM (make sure you put it in the correct slot/check manual), keyboard, monitor (plugged into MB port). See if you can get into BIOS. If you can, repeat process, adding one component at a time.

Solution

cscraigsmith046

Commendable
Nov 11, 2018

I've tried running without ram, it boots up and beeps three times for ram error, my guess is either bad ram, but i wouldn't put my money on it, im going to borrow someone elses ram sticks and see if it boots