Computer Turns On For A Split Second

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AnsleanA

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
I just did my first build and the PC only turn on for a Split Second.

I did the PSU test (Paperclip) and it worked fine, i changed the RAM's slot, detached the Video Card, but nothing seems to work.

I check my Motherboard ans turns out that the Mobo has this feature called "EZ Debug LED", what this does is that it indicates wich component has a problem for troubleshooting, the LED was flashed on CPU.

Is the best way to return the CPU or is there things i can do ? There i no bent Pin, everything looks fine in the CPU Socket.

SOLVED : My Header was damaged

Specs

Processor: Intel Core i5 6500 3.20G/6M/S1151
Power Supply : 550W Cooler Master Elite
V2
Motherboard : Msi H110M PRO-VD

Solution
Try taking the board outside the case, leave only CPU and CPU fan installed, both 24 and 4 pin power cables connected.
No other wires or components, but the power switch. Start the board and see if the CPU fan does spin.
Now install the board in the case, don't add any other component/cable and test again. If working, check the board's manual and make sure that you're correctly connecting all other cables. If not sure about a connection, or not working in the case, post back. When installing the graphics card, connect the monitor to it.

AnsleanA

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
Ran the test with only the CPU, the CPU works in the case, buut when i attached every component, it does the same thing (I now have detached the Molex from the PSU)

Update : I just realised i haven't inserted the PCI-E port to the Video Card, testing again now

AnsleanA

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
The SYSFAN1 or the cable is the problem, after i heard a quite boom after it turned off D: Now it won't turn on :(

Update : It turns on now, the SYSFAN1/fan situation is the problem

So what can i do to make the fan work ?

AnsleanA

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

Alright, i attached the Fan to the PSU (Not connected to the Mobo at all) and it spins

That's safe right ?

AnsleanA

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

Alright, you solved my problem, thank you very much. I don't know how i could have done it without you.

Now all it says is "Reboot And Select proper Boot Device or insert Bot Mediain selected Boot device and press a key"

I don't have an Optical Drive, do i need one or something ?

AnsleanA

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

Worked like a charm, Windows is installed ans the PC is now functioning ! Thanks again :)