Computer turns on long after i press the button, then doesnt turn off properly

Oct 14, 2018
Lately my computer has been acting weird. When i shut down, windows shut down but the pc itself stays on. The power button is lit and the fans are still spinning. It stays like that forever until im forced to manually hold down the power button to turn the the rig off. However then when i want to turn the pc on again, i press it and nothing happens untill like and hour later when it turns on. Then windows works normally. I checked that even when windows is off and the rig is on, i cant turn windows on again. I have tried a few things. I turned off the quick boot option. I rechecked all the connections between the components, rearranged the RAM and checked that little battery on the motherboard. I doubt it is the power supply because when the power cord is plugged in, the little green light on the back is on. Please if you have advice, tell me.

I pressed the button 30 mins ago and as i was writing this, the pc turned on by itself. Do i need an exorcist lol

Colif

Win 11 Master
how did you check CMOS battery (the little one on motherboard)? remove it or what?
Did you try resetting the bios to defaults as it could be a setting in BIOS is conflicting with windows,

can you give us a parts list of PC?

Oct 14, 2018

Hello there. Yeah i took it out and placed it back in. However, everything somehow works now. I did a numerous amount of restarts and it kinda fixed itself. Thanks for commenting though. This shows a caring community. Cheers :)

TRENDING THREADS