Question Computer turns on, no beep, incredibly loud fan sound, then won't turn of with power button

Mar 25, 2019
My computer deadlocked when playing a game and when I turned off and turned on it started to do the above. I tried to power drain, but the power button will only turn it on. My boyfriend unplugged everything, plugged it back in, took out the CMOS battery and waited, and replaced the RAM. No dice.

I have Windows 10.
Nvidia Gtx 670
6 RAM.
Lenovo M3A760M Motherboard

It's an old computer, but I only ever use it one or twice a week for school.

Tried switching out power supplies, but no change.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
If this is a prebuilt system, list the SKU to your system as well as it's make and model. I'm assuming it's a Lenovo prebuilt judging from the motherboard's make and model. If it's a system patched up together with parts, list the specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I'm leaning towards the PSU being faulty, the board giving up the ghost or you're suffering from a grounding issue.

What game were you playing, mind you?

Mar 25, 2019
If this is a prebuilt system, list the SKU to your system as well as it's make and model. I'm assuming it's a Lenovo prebuilt judging from the motherboard's make and model. If it's a system patched up together with parts, list the specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I'm leaning towards the PSU being faulty, the board giving up the ghost or you're suffering from a grounding issue.

What game were you playing, mind you?

Stardew Valley.

The make is a Lenovo 77231DU. That's a SKU, right? It's this computer: https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.newegg.com/amp/products/N82E16883108460