[SOLVED] Computer turns on then off then on again and doesn't have signal on monitor

Mar 26, 2021
I have a pc that has been working perfectly fine up until I didn't use it for about a week. When it used to be turned on, it would beep once and obviously turn on. Now whenever I press the power button, it turns on then off then back on. Once it is on, it doesn't connect to the monitor and I'm not sure why. I just got a new power supply to see if that worked but didn't make a difference. Any ideas??

I have a pc that has been working perfectly fine up until I didn't use it for about a week. When it used to be turned on, it would beep once and obviously turn on. Now whenever I press the power button, it turns on then off then back on. Once it is on, it doesn't connect to the monitor and I'm not sure why. I just got a new power supply to see if that worked but didn't make a difference. Any ideas??
We would need some description pf your PC ta have any ideas.

Mar 26, 2021
We have removed gpu, hdd and sdd and reset BIOS. It has started twice out of 40 attempts. We are not sure if it is a flakey motherboard, ram or cpu. We have reapplied thermal paste. We are going to remove the ram and start with that. We have also now noticed that the power button won't turn it off.
Update: We reset the ram and we now have a display and BIOS. We will see if it works.

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
We have removed gpu, hdd and sdd and reset BIOS. It has started twice out of 40 attempts. We are not sure if it is a flakey motherboard, ram or cpu. We have reapplied thermal paste. We are going to remove the ram and start with that. We have also now noticed that the power button won't turn it off.
Update: We reset the ram and we now have a display and BIOS. We will see if it works.
Good job determining three possibilities. BIOS will determine a better idea where to start.

Mar 26, 2021
Good job determining three possibilities. BIOS will determine a better idea where to start.
When resetting the ram, we got it working. We started adding the components back into the pc and turns out it is the gpu (newest part of the pc, only lesss then a year old). The one thing we thought wouldn't be it, was it. Not sure what to do now with the gpu.

Reactions: Windows22