Question Computer turns on, then off

Jul 13, 2019
Hello,

So recently my computer has had this problem where it turns on then it turns straight off. What happens is it turns on, then it goes to the bios. I launch from the bios and then after 5 seconds it turns off again. I assumed it was a power supply problem, so I ordered a new PSU that’s coming today. But I’m curious, could it be something else? So today I tried reinstalling the ram, and for some reason my PC was turning on again! It went to Windows, I launched everything etc. I rebooted it like 3 times to check if it fixed and it kept working. However, I wanted to put my PC back in its right place. So I unplugged all the wires, put my pc in its place. Then I plugged in all the wires and here we are again, the same thing is happening. So is the PSU the problem? My pc goes to bios, the motherboard is on, the CPU is clearly working as windows was just working, my graphics card is also working. The way I know if my PC will work or not after launching post the bios is whether or not my fan lights turn on. If they turn on, it’s working, if not, it’ll turn off. So is the PSU the problem? Or is it RAM? Or something else?

Jul 13, 2019
Ryzen 7 1700x
GTX 1070
XPG ADATA 2 x 16 ram
ASUS Prime B350M-A
Windows 10

I dont really know the power supply. I’ll have to remove it and check if that’s really necessary.

Jul 13, 2019
Basically, it was just working again. And then I was putting back the side panel and the slight movement caused my PC to turn off. Basically , everytime I’ve run into this problem it’s because my computer has moved a little and it’ll turn off. I should’ve mentioned that... maybe loose wire?

Jul 13, 2019
Definitely the ram. I tried one in another slot and it’s working. So I put the two in the other two slots instead that weren’t being used and it’s working now. I’ll keep this updated if the problem occurs again.