Computer turns on with no display

Catching Zs

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014
Hi, I recently put together my first gaming computer. After a few days I went to turn it on and got no display and was also unable to turn the computer off with the front panel power switch. I ended up finding someone that said to unplug the computer and hold the power button for 30 sec, and this worked. The same thing happened again today and it was more difficult to turn on; I had to try the power button thing a few times before it worked. Does anybody know what's causing this? I had a DOA Raidmax (not by choice, it came with the parts bundle) PSU that was RMA'd and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was the culprit. But when I first unpacked the parts for my computer the motherboard was emitting a noise that I believe was coil whine (not plugged into anything, only with the CMOS battery attached), so I wouldn't be too surprised if it was that. Any help would be appreciated.

Catching Zs

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014
That's not really an option. Can anyone label out a specific component that would cause this? :s The rig works perfectly except the 2 times this has happened over a few weeks.