Question Computer turns on with no signal or display

SD Phantom

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2015
Hello this is a post for my friend:

Recently, I went to sleep and woke up the next morning with my computer not working. Lights and fans turn on but my mouse, keyboard, and monitors do not work. First, I tried to reset the BIOS by taking out the CMOS battery, and it did not work. After that, I decided to replace my motherboard and ram (Since it needed a upgrade anyways and I thought it would fix the problem). But, it did not work and is still doing the same thing. I have no clue if its the CPU or PSU at this point. But before I start replacing them, I wanted to ask you guys about some possible solutions to this matter.

Thanks!

Hello this is a post for my friend:

Recently, I went to sleep and woke up the next morning with my computer not working. Lights and fans turn on but my mouse, keyboard, and monitors do not work. First, I tried to reset the BIOS by taking out the CMOS battery, and it did not work. After that, I decided to replace my motherboard and ram (Since it needed a upgrade anyways and I thought it would fix the problem). But, it did not work and is still doing the same thing. I have no clue if its the CPU or PSU at this point. But before I start replacing them, I wanted to ask you guys about some possible solutions to this matter.

Thanks!
if it does turn on, then the pc would work. sometimes CPU is the culprit. also what system are you using?