[SOLVED] Computer underperfoming.

Sep 28, 2021
Not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, but i have some suspisions my computer is underperforming.

First of all my specs.

CPU - Amd Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHZ
GPU - Sapphire Nitro RX580 4gb
RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z 2x8GB 3600mhz (running at 2800mhz, because i cant boot with higher MHZ (tried xmp profile aswell ) )
MOBO - AsRock B450 Steel legend
PSU - Corsair RGB RM750F

So i mostly play only 1 game which is Counter Strike : Global Offensive ,it almost a decade old game and i think i should be able to run it atleast 200+ stable frames playing on 1920x1080 60hz
But what happens is sometimes, i just randomly drop frames bellow 100 and they just stay like that.

Any suggestions / tips? Maybe some tests i can run to provide further information.

Solution
It means your Motherboard BIOS may potentially be on a version that could cause system instabilities with your CPU, there will be a reason AsRock don't recommend using a Bios after X version for certain CPUS. I could be wrong and may need a bit of back up from somebody with more experience with AMD Processors (your model) and the Motherboard you have, it may also be the reason your RAM wont work correctly at its manufactured speeds (not being able to boot).

I would wait for second opinion before downgrading your BIOS version and seeing if that helps.

In regards to FPS there are other posts regarding this and it states to try the following:

• Go to Options and Game Settings
  • Locate Enable Developer Console and...

Mcfckyle91

Prominent
Dec 30, 2021
Not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, but i have some suspisions my computer is underperforming.

First of all my specs.

CPU - Amd Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHZ
GPU - Sapphire Nitro RX580 4gb
RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z 2x8GB 3600mhz (running at 2800mhz, because i cant boot with higher MHZ (tried xmp profile aswell ) )
MOBO - AsRock B450 Steel legend
PSU - Corsair RGB RM750F

So i mostly play only 1 game which is Counter Strike : Global Offensive ,it almost a decade old game and i think i should be able to run it atleast 200+ stable frames playing on 1920x1080 60hz
But what happens is sometimes, i just randomly drop frames bellow 100 and they just stay like that.

Any suggestions / tips? Maybe some tests i can run to provide further information.

What is your current Motherboard BIOS version? System Information > Bios version/date.

Mcfckyle91

Prominent
Dec 30, 2021
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P3.50, 9/23/2020
I was hoping a BIOS update would solve your XMP/Ram issue. Looking at your Motherboards website, there are numerous BIOS updates. I have found your revision of 3.50 and it states do not use this BIOS with Pinnacle, Raven or Summit CPUS. I believe you are running a Raven unless I am mistaken?

Sep 28, 2021
I was hoping a BIOS update would solve your XMP/Ram issue. Looking at your Motherboards website, there are numerous BIOS updates. I have found your revision of 3.50 and it states do not use this BIOS with Pinnacle, Raven or Summit CPUS. I believe you are running a Raven unless I am mistaken?
Im sorry , i dont understand what that means.

Mcfckyle91

Prominent
Dec 30, 2021
It means your Motherboard BIOS may potentially be on a version that could cause system instabilities with your CPU, there will be a reason AsRock don't recommend using a Bios after X version for certain CPUS. I could be wrong and may need a bit of back up from somebody with more experience with AMD Processors (your model) and the Motherboard you have, it may also be the reason your RAM wont work correctly at its manufactured speeds (not being able to boot).

I would wait for second opinion before downgrading your BIOS version and seeing if that helps.

In regards to FPS there are other posts regarding this and it states to try the following:

• Go to Options and Game Settings
  • Locate Enable Developer Console and click yes
  • Press the key under Esc (called the tilde key)
  • Now you've got the command window open and can type in logaddress_add 1
Says you might have to input the logaddress_add 1 each time the FPS thing happens? worth a shot!

Solution