Question Computer underperforming a lot

Adde21 30

Honorable
Feb 14, 2016
Ok, so I have been having a problem for a long time which is starting to get quite bothersome. My pc is running overwatch at 120fps, and it fluctuates up and down frequently. According to other people generally online, with my rig (specs below) I should be getting way better FPS and stability. My pc temps are always low (both cpu and gpu) and I know I have far more ram than needed.

Specs:

RTX 2070
i7-7700K @ 4.2ghz (not overclocked, water-cooled)
32GB DDR4 RAM (locked at 2400mhz because of motherboard)
Game installed on 460GB SSD (130GB left)

Now, I posted this question on reddit, but I had accidentally posted it in the wrong subreddit and the question got removed, but from the answers I got I was told the following:
It can’t be thermal throttling (low temps)
It isn’t a hardware restriction/bottlenecking
It might be a matter of “computer resources” (don’t know what that means, but for the record I don’t have other programs open wile playing)

I used HWinfo to get some pc information, but I do not know how to interpret the file (someone did it for me)

(https://ufile.io/4n7tcjef)

Help would be appreciated as this has bugged me for a long time and has never been solved

Last edited:

Adde21 30

Honorable
Feb 14, 2016
Can I get a specific CPU cooler? Additionally, can specify what PSU and motherboard you are using? You might be getting held back by either of those, though it is fairly unlikely.

The cooler is the Corsair H115 RGB platinum, and the PSU is an 850W PSU from Corsair as well. My motherboard is the h270m Bazooka.