[SOLVED] Computer update suggestions

O8mcmuffin

Commendable
Jul 28, 2020
Hello, I'm going to update my old desktop with a new motherboard CPU and Ram. I'm planning on using an M.2 for the operating system and reusing the hard drives for game storage since they are still good. Also don't have any important files on there so no biggie on formatting them.
The set up I'm going with is a Gigabyte B550, Ryzen 5 3600 and 16gb of ram from Ripjaws . As for the CPU and GPU I'll be keeping the EVGA 500 Bronze and GTX 1650S that I recently got. New parts
For now I only plan on using this on medium settings for gaming. In the future I do plan on doing upgrades more towards the graphics card and if needed the memory. Will this set up do or is there something I can change to support future upgrades.

Solution
Hello, I'm going to update my old desktop with a new motherboard CPU and Ram. I'm planning on using an M.2 for the operating system and reusing the hard drives for game storage since they are still good. Also don't have any important files on there so no biggie on formatting them.
The set up I'm going with is a Gigabyte B550, Ryzen 5 3600 and 16gb of ram from Ripjaws . As for the CPU and GPU I'll be keeping the EVGA 500 Bronze and GTX 1650S that I recently got. New parts
For now I only plan on using this on medium settings for gaming. In the future I do plan on doing upgrades more towards the graphics card and if needed the memory. Will this set up do or is there something I can change to support future upgrades.
Looks...
Looks good although I would rather have 3600MHz RAM, For future GPU upgrade you'll most probably need stronger PSU.

Solution

O8mcmuffin

Commendable
Jul 28, 2020
lol just noticed I mentioned CPU instead of PSU, yeah when I decide to upgrade the GPU ill definitely upgrade it to a stronger one.
Ok thanks, ill be getting the 3600MHz over the 3200MHz not much on the price difference.