Question Computer very slow, especially on desktop. But fine in games?

May 7, 2023

As you can see, my desktop is very slow. The PC sometimes feels slower than it should be in some programs, but usually it works fine and I can play games just fine.

My specs are:
Ryzen 5 5600x​
3070Ti​
ASUS ROG STRIX b550-E wifi​
Corsair 2x8 3600mhz (ram is working at full speed I checked)​
Samsung 1tb 980 evo m,2​
Sometimes my PC also decides to stop working properly after around 4-6 hours of being on, and I receive the error:​
Screenshot-2023-05-05-121221.png

I do not know what could be causing these problems. I've had them since I built my PC last summer. Everything else works fine. Windows memory diagnostic didn't find any errors, I updated drivers, I checked and fixed corrupt files with CMD, anything I could find online.

If anybody can help in any way, please leave a comment. Thank you in advance!

Even with the Windows memory diagnostic results, I would try a bootable USB of Memtest86. There can be errors that won't show in the OS version, and it takes the OS itself out of the equation. I've used it for years for new builds and when I adjust timings/voltages for memory. I'm figuring you ran the usual antimalware/antivirus scans. What does Samsung's built in SSD Magician software say for testing purposes?

May 7, 2023
Even with the Windows memory diagnostic results, I would try a bootable USB of Memtest86. There can be errors that won't show in the OS version, and it takes the OS itself out of the equation. I've used it for years for new builds and when I adjust timings/voltages for memory. I'm figuring you ran the usual antimalware/antivirus scans. What does Samsung's built in SSD Magician software say for testing purposes?
I'll run Samsung magician tomorow and reply, I'm also going to run memtest but I'm still looking for a usb drive.