[SOLVED] Computer wakeup issue, Monitor

clemsontigerblah

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2015
Built new computer for my wife for photo editing. Windows 10 is a fresh install and drivers are updated.

When computer wakes up from sleep mode, the monitors display a distorted view of Windows desktop with icons half displaying and rearranged, wallpaper is zoomed in or off center, and when left click on Windows start button, no menu will appear. This doesn't change until I right click anywhere on the desktop, then the monitors go black and flicker for a few seconds and then everything goes back to normal. Issue seemed to not happen until I traded the GPU I bought for her (Gigabyte RTX 2060) and swapped in my old MSI RX 480. I updated the drivers when I installed it though and reinstalled the drivers just to make sure that wasn't the obvious problem. System seems to wakeup fine if I disconnect the secondary monitor though. I was using the GPU without any issues prior to putting it in.

Specs
MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB x2 (32GB)
RX 480 ARMOR 4G OC
Samsung 980 1 M.2-2280 NVME 1TB
Corsair CXM 550 W Semi-modular ATX
Main monitor = ASUS ProArt Display PA278QV 27" WQHD (2560 x 1440) Monitor
Secondary monitor = Asus VS238H-P 23-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit LCD Monitor
Main monitor connected via DP cable, Secondary is by HDMI because there is no DP connection.

Any ideas?

Solution
In my experience, this is a problem that has never been resolved on multi monitor configurations with Windows 8.1 and 10. Nothing I've ever tried would resolve the issue until I began using Displayfusion. Now, stuff stays where it's supposed to and how it's supposed to look. There are free AND paid versions. I am only using the free version and don't have these issues anymore.

In my experience, this is a problem that has never been resolved on multi monitor configurations with Windows 8.1 and 10. Nothing I've ever tried would resolve the issue until I began using Displayfusion. Now, stuff stays where it's supposed to and how it's supposed to look. There are free AND paid versions. I am only using the free version and don't have these issues anymore.

Solution