[SOLVED] Computer was fine but now..... ahhhhhhh!!

TheJaff

Reputable
May 10, 2015
In October I successfully upgraded my PC and now I have this :

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor (8C/16T, 36MB Cache, 4.4 GHz Max Boost)
Asrock X570 TAICHI Motherboard Socket AM4 ATX AMD X570
Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz C15 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit, Black
GTX 970
CX600 Corsair 600watt psu
Windows 10.

I was able to stream Modern Warfare on High settings with no frame rates, no stutters and no temperature issues. Over the last few weeks though, nearly all of the games I play now stutter. Even if I play them offline with minimal other programs running it still occurs. There are only 2 games taht don't stutter. Overwatch and League of Legends.
I've made sure all of my drivers are up to date. I've done all of the suggestions I've found from Google but nothing works.
I've noticed that my boot up time is taking a little longer than usual (Windows is on the SSD). Also, I've noticed that when I download some games from Steam, I sometimes need to validate them. I just validated Left for dead 2, I played it for a few minutes until it stuttered. I then validated it again and found a file needed to be recovered.
I've also tried re-installing the game but this didn't resolve the issue.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated on how to solve my problem? I just don't understand what changed in the last few weeks.

Solution

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz C15 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit, Black
GTX 970
Windows 10.

I was able to stream Modern Warfare on High settings with no frame rates, no stutters and no temperature issues. Over the last few weeks though, nearly all of the games I play now stutter. Even if I play them offline with minimal other programs running it still occurs. There are only 2 games taht don't stutter. Overwatch and League of Legends.
I've made sure all of...

GTX 970
Windows 10.

I've made sure all of my drivers are up to date. I've done all of the suggestions I've found from Google but nothing works.
I've noticed that my boot up time is taking a little longer than usual (Windows is on the SSD). Also, I've noticed that when I download some games from Steam, I sometimes need to validate them. I just validated Left for dead 2, I played it for a few minutes until it stuttered. I then validated it again and found a file needed to be recovered.
I've also tried re-installing the game but this didn't resolve the issue.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated on how to solve my problem? I just don't understand what changed in the last few weeks.
This could potentially be very easy to solve, okay go to file explorer. right click your drive you have games and stuff on, press properties and look at free space if the free space is less than "15 GB" then there's a chance that could be causing lag in your games and that could explain the error with a game file as it wouldn't have enough space to store it. and it would also explain slower boot times.

Reactions: TheJaff
Solution