Computer went super slow

Oct 19, 2018
Alright,so about a month ago my new computer that i bought 6 months ago went super slow. Games went down about 20 fps,google chrome is buggy and unresponsive,and overall everything went super slow. I scanned for viruses and malware many times with different anti viruses,and i found nothing. I searched and searched on the internet for hours but I had found nothing that fixed my problem. I didn't change anything or downloaded anything new. I suspect that maybe my harddisk failed but i'm not 100% sure as I am not an expert. I am thinking about clean installing windows again.

If you maybe know a solution to this I would be forever grateful. Thank you to everyone.

Also my pc specs:
Intel Pentium G4560 3.50GHz
8 Gb DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050
Windows 10 64 Bit
1 TB Hard Drive 7200 RPM

or.at2497

Prominent
Jul 29, 2018
happened to me too.
check if this problem happens with and without chrome running in the background. if it is, look for behind the scenes mining chrome apps or addons.
if u have a lot of addons, i recommend to uninstall them one by one and look if there any difference. a change can be noticed in the task manager (there is no need to run a game to see change).
in my case, i found an addon which drains my ram and cpu, after i uninstalled it the computer went back to run as new.

in addition, highly recommended to switch at least the boot drive to a ssd.

Oct 19, 2018

Ok,first,I want to thank you for your response,but here's the thing: My computer is slow no matter if chrome is closed or open. The only addon I have are like avast cybersecurity which is turned off an adblock. In task manager i have no idea why but it says my disk usage is 100%. Everything else is fine. Also I don't have an ssd so I can"t switch the boot drive to the ssd

or.at2497

Prominent
Jul 29, 2018
In the task manager, sort by clicking on the disk column and look for the most draining program. If its an os's security progrem its not ok and it has to be fixed depends on the program. If its an installed program, well i recommend to unistall it.

Oct 19, 2018

Yeah most of the time it's system and it takes up 3 mb.Also my disk is always 100%. Should I be worried?

or.at2497

Prominent
Jul 29, 2018
I had a similar issue with microsoft antimalware software which drained most of my cpu. I reinstalled the os and everything went back to normal. If u dont mind, try to reinstall the os too.

Oct 19, 2018

Yeah I was planning to do that soon