Computer will not boot into windows, stuck in windows recovery

Geekernatir

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014
This morning, my computer would not start up, I kept getting this message:

No boot device available. Strike the F1 key to retry boot, F2 to run the Setup utility.
SATA 1: Installed
SATA 2: Installed
SATA 3: None
SATA 4: None
SATA 5: None
MSATA 1: Installed.

After around 3-4 restarts the computer starts into a DELL screen (My PC is a pre-built Dell), after about 20 seconds it flashes a screen with a windows 10 sad face :( saying something like your computer ran into a problem (The screen flashes for such a short time I cannot read the rest).

After this happening once, the computer then launches with a Dell screen saying preparing automatic repair, the system then boots into Windows Boot Manager.

Upon trying to run the "Refresh your PC" it says "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again"

Upon trying to run the "Reset your PC" it says "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing"

Any help would be much appreciated. My top priority is keeping my data on my hard drive so try to recommend options that would preserve this.

Geekernatir

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014
As I said it's a prebuilt PC so I only know a few parts, the CPU is an i7 4770, it has 16GB of DDR3 memory, a Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB hard drive and 64 bit windows 8.1

It's a Dell XPS 8700 but there are many versions of it.

Geekernatir

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014

As I said it's a prebuilt PC so I only know a few parts, the CPU is an i7 4770, it has 16GB of DDR3 memory, a Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB hard drive and 64 bit windows 8.1 It's a Dell XPS 8700 but there are many versions of it.