Question Computer will not boot past bios screen

Oct 12, 2019
I'm having some trouble with my computer. When I hit the power button and turn it on the screen comes up with the bios and boot options to select. Then it shows "initializing" at the top and then goes dark...after that the monitor shows the "no signal" that seems like the monitor has been disconnected but computer is still running.

I have to turn power off in back and restart...when I try to get in bios or boot options with DEL or F12 it still does the same thing...won't go in to bios or boot options

I know the DEL and F12 I'm pressing are registering because if I press them too many times I hear the low pitched beeps sound telling me I'm pressing too many buttons lol. Any thoughts on what issue this may be?

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Did this problem occur suddenly out of the blue ?
Please list your hardware, as there is always someone on forum who may know about possible known problems with specific hardware.

Oct 12, 2019
I have a custom built system. has a gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard w/DDR3 DIMM memory sockets. Sound Blaster Zx SB1506 sound card. 500w Fatality OCZ power supply, a closed loop liquid cooling system for processor. samsung solid state drives.

one day it was working and the next it started with this issue. didn't do anything different.