Question Computer will not boot

Aug 16, 2019
A couple of weeks ago I tried to boot my pc and the cpu made a clicking noise and nothing happened. No lights, no beeps. I swapped out the psu and all cables with a brand new one and the same result. Nothing. I tried removing components to see if something was causing the problem and still no result. So I was convinced the motherboard was dead. I ordered the same motherboard (MSI x470 pro carbon) and replaced it and the pc is having the same issue that it was in the beginning. Any help would be much appreciated.

Yes. Try disconnecting the power button wires from the 2 pins on board and starting the board by shortly touching with a screwdriver the 2 pins (it's what the button does when pressed - jumping the 2 pins). This way, you'd rule out a faulty switch.

Aug 16, 2019
Yes. Try disconnecting the power button wires from the 2 pins on board and starting the board by shortly touching with a screwdriver the 2 pins (it's what the button does when pressed - jumping the 2 pins). This way, you'd rule out a faulty switch.
Yup, just tried that. Same exact thing. Just don’t know where to go from here.

Aug 16, 2019
Alright so I swapped out the psu with the new one. The new psu only came with one cpu cable so I only plugged that one in and it booted. My mobo has two cpu slots so when I plug one of the old cpu cables in it will not boot. Do I have to have both cpu cables? Could it possibly be my old cpu cables are toast?

Aug 16, 2019
Yes one 8 pin will be fine. In the manual it probably says to use a specific 8 pin connector in the motehrboard,but since it boots you might well use that one.
Awesome. So the only problem I’m running into now is that when I plug in the sata cable that powers the case fans, when I press the power button the cpu cooler spins about 1 turn and then shuts off and computer won’t boot. Any ideas?