[SOLVED] Computer will not go into sleepmode or it will sleep but can't wake up properly

JustAComputerUser

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
So this just happened out of nowhere, I am a fan of putting my computer into sleepmode if I know I will get back to it within 30 min or so (otherwhise I shut it down).

Situation 1:
What happens when I click SLEEP or when it goes into sleep after 20 min is:
Turns off monitor, keyboard, mouse. But the computer lights don't turn off anymore, and the pc stays on (As if it's still "loading" to sleep)
No matter how long I wait, it will NOT go into sleep mode. And I can't wake it up with powerbutton, mouseclick, keyboard click. And I'm FORCED to restart it by pressing the restart button on the pc, or hold down the power button.

Situation 2:
It will wake up on it's own after sleeping properly. And be unable to be turned on, as monitor, keyboard, mouse is still off but the pc is on. This is so frustrating cause I can't even go to cmd and check what woke the pc up. And Eventviewer is not showing much either.

I've tried:
  1. Changing hibernation off, with the "powercfg -h off" thing.
  2. Turning off fast startup.
  3. regedit Cs is already = 1
  4. hibernate turned off in the powerplan settings itself.
  5. Making it so the harddrive turns off a lot later than the pc sleep mode
  6. USB selective wake up is on, and I have disabled the network wake up in devicemanager.

EDIT:
I've never had issues with sleepmode, apart from it waking up on it's own sometimes. But I have always been able to wake it up. And have it sleep.

Solution
Windows 10 pro 64bit - build 17134 (I know there is an update, but it is <Mod Edit> and I don't wanna update to it. And I don't see how a pending update would break sleepmode)

you won't have much choice for much longer. WIndows 10 1909 is due out in next few weeks and since you on 1803, the reminders to update are only going to get worse as you won't be on a version that is still supported by Microsoft.

Can you download and run driverview - all it does is looks at what drivers are running now.
when you run it, go into view menu and set it to not show Microsoft drivers as it will make list far shorter
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
can you upload a screenshot - showing all the columns starting from...

JustAComputerUser

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
What are specs of PC? It is likely a driver that needs to be updated. That is usually the cause of sleep related problems,

I usually update all my drivers, and keep them up to date though.
Motherboard: z87-k
CPU: I7-4770k
GPU: GTX 1070
DDR 3 Corsair 8192 MB (Part number: CMY16GX3M2A2400C11) X2 16gb ram

Windows 10 pro 64bit - build 17134 (I know there is an update, but it is <Mod Edit> and I don't wanna update to it. And I don't see how a pending update would break sleepmode)

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master

you won't have much choice for much longer. WIndows 10 1909 is due out in next few weeks and since you on 1803, the reminders to update are only going to get worse as you won't be on a version that is still supported by Microsoft.

Can you download and run driverview - all it does is looks at what drivers are running now.
when you run it, go into view menu and set it to not show Microsoft drivers as it will make list far shorter
can you upload a screenshot - showing all the columns starting from (and including) Driver name and ending on (and including) created date - to an image sharing website and show a link here?

I will see if I can find any newer drivers for you. Asus don't support their hardware for very long after its made so I might find more on other sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

JustAComputerUser

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015

can you upload a screenshot - showing all the columns starting from (and including) Driver name and ending on (and including) created date - to an image sharing website and show a link here?

I will see if I can find any newer drivers for you. Asus don't support their hardware for very long after its made so I might find more on other sites.

Yeah the reminders were pure aids. And eventually it literally just restarted and updated without me telling it to. So now I'm being forced to update. Can't download the driverview rn, as the update is taking forever. Will get back to you though.