[SOLVED] Computer will not POST after enabling Secure Boot in the BIOS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2023
I've been having a strange issue when playing Valorant where my PC will occasionally crash in the middle of a match. I was curious if updating to Windows 11 might help, so I updated. Once everything booted back up I tried to open Valorant but Vanguard told me I needed to have Secure Boot enabled in order to play.
However, after enabling Secure Boot in the BIOS I haven't been able to POST since.

Anytime I turn my computer on my motherboard will sequence between the VGA, CPU, and DRAM lights. I looked through many forums and this issue appears to mainly occur when people have a brand new computer with parts that aren't immediately compatible but I still tried to troubleshoot anyways:

• I've tried testing all of my RAM
  • Booting without SSD that contains my windows installation
  • Booting without GPU
  • Removing CMOS battery (which I might try again),
  • Checking all of my cable connections

My computer has been running for the past 3 years with these parts so I find all of this very strange.

Specs:
NVIDIA GTX 2060
Ryzen 7 2700X
Gigabyte B450 Aorus M
32G DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance RAM

The video I followed to change my secure boot setting can be found here:
View: https://youtu.be/DJK0wOVJaxE

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 15, 2023
It's a new day and the culprit has been found. I went through the whole process of troubleshooting again for the heck of it and have found it was the RAM. It's always the RAM.

Apr 13, 2023
It's a new day and the culprit has been found. I went through the whole process of troubleshooting again for the heck of it and have found it was the RAM. It's always the RAM.
What did you do to fix it? i tried switching both of my ram slots and even taking out one but i still can’t get a display.

Status
Not open for further replies.