[SOLVED] Computer will not post, just got a replacement mobo HELP!!

Kyriim

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
I built my computer a few days ago, put everything in booted it up went to bios and changed my ram speed, from 2133 to 3200, then it wouldn’t boot, and the mobo wouldn’t reset with the cmos battery so I sent it in and got a replacement board, got it in today and I boot the pc on and it does the same thing will not post and the onboard speaker will not detect anything it just comes on for about 10 seconds all fans and lights then go right back off until I hold the power button and shut it off. Please anyone I’m begging for help

Solution
See how you go with the new ram. If no good, rma the mobo. If still no good, consider focusing on a cpu replacement.

Kyriim

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
When I got it all set up it worked and booted perfectly, I went into bios and changed my ram speed from 2133 to 3200, left every other setting on auto after that it wouldn’t post at all, it powers on, all lights and fans run, and I hear a single beep from the speaker.

I tried resetting the cmos, it wouldn’t even reset the rgb colors I had set so I sent it back and got a replacement, I put it all back together with the new board and it still is doing the same thing. I hooked a old power supply up to it and check and it still did the same thing. So the only thing I haven’t tried is new ram or cpu it was all bought new

Is it a small short beep? If yes than it's the beep that tells that no problem was found and that your system POST correctly.

If it's 1 long beep. One long, continuous beep generally means that there is a hardware problem – often memory related and since it's about your memory I would say this is spot on.

Kyriim

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
Is it a small short beep? If yes than it's the beep that tells that no problem was found and that your system POST correctly.

If it's 1 long beep. One long, continuous beep generally means that there is a hardware problem – often memory related and since it's about your memory I would say this is spot on.
So should I get more ram and try it?

Kyriim

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
My pc won’t post and I’m guessing it’s from the dram retreat failure by the sound of the beep, I’ve replaced mobo but still using the same ram sticks.
Is the ram broken? Please help

Kyriim

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
Changing memory speed manually only to 3200 is not the same as enabling XMP which adjusts timings and voltage. Which one are you doing?
I manually just changed the speed setting
But now the pc will not post at all. Just turns on witg lights and fans, no display shuts off after 20 seconds and back on in a cycle

Recommend to use the 3000mhz, if you got problem to boot the PC.

When you clear the CMOS, unplug the power core, then clear the CMOS by the jumper or removing the battery. It should work, after clear the CMOS, manually set the RAM to 3000mhz, if you can boot into the BIOS. If you can't reset the CMOS, the MB may have problem, I don't know what cause the problem.

Kyriim

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
Recommend to use the 3000mhz, if you got problem to boot the PC.

When you clear the CMOS, unplug the power core, then clear the CMOS by the jumper or removing the battery. It should work, after clear the CMOS, manually set the RAM to 3000mhz, if you can boot into the BIOS. If you can't reset the CMOS, the MB may have problem, I don't know what cause the problem.
It doesn’t change anything when clearing the cmos,
I sent the mobo back and they sent me a replacement, it’s still doing it with the new board too. I’m getting the short mobo beep that indicates dram refresh failure. It happened on both boards.

I’m getting the short mobo beep that indicates dram refresh failure. It happened on both boards.
Is the RAM installed ? or without the RAM?

1)If you install the RAM, and the MB has beep, maybe the RAM or MB, or the CPU has problem.
2)If the RAM is not installed, the MB has beep, the MB is fine, and your RAM may have problem.
3) Check the cpu to see there is any bent pin or not.

Kyriim

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
Is the RAM installed ? or without the RAM?

1)If you install the RAM, and the MB has beep, maybe the RAM or MB, or the CPU has problem.
2)If the RAM is not installed, the MB has beep, the MB is fine, and your RAM may have problem.
3) Check the cpu to see there is any bent pin or not.
I get the same beep with or without the ram installed, this is a replacement board so I don’t think there should be anything wrong with it. I’ll take the cpu back out and check it but I’m 99% sure that the pins are fine.

Kyriim

Reputable
Oct 12, 2019
It seems to be user error to me.

16gb Gskill 3200mhz - no part number or link to it

User did not bother to set DRAM voltage and DRAM timings.

I would not be surprised if user did not know how to clear the CMOS.
Not sure why you’d need a part number or link to it, it’s ddr4 gskill ram, it’s not like it’s ddr2 ram I’m trying to use, I’ve built my fair share of PCs but I was just messing around with bios I’ve never overClocked ram before, I figured leaving the other settings to auto it would change its self but guess not, I’ve cleared cmos a billion times thank you for your opinions though

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I manually just changed the speed setting
But now the pc will not post at all. Just turns on witg lights and fans, no display shuts off after 20 seconds and back on in a cycle

So, just saw your other thread. Your reply here, is this in regards to your old board which you had replaced or the new board? Did you get a replacement and do the exact same thing again, setting ram to 3200?