Computer will not POST. Red CPU Led on mobo.

NeedComputerHelp

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
Specs:
CPU: Amd FX-9370 4.4 GHz 8-Core
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Mobo: Asus m5a99fx pro r2.0
Memory: Corsair Vengeance (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Black Series 2TB 3.5' 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB DD
Case: Cooler Master HAF
Power Supply: EVGA 220-G2-0850-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 850 W

Information: Installed all the components and followed the step by step guide on the sticky. Already have checked for any bent pins on the cpu and re-seated it. The CPU red light would stay on, and there'll be no boot sound. Removed the RAM as well to see if the speaker was functioning and there'll be no beeps as well. Everything else would function normally, including the water cooling pump. The motherboard was purchased as refurbished from newegg just last week. Any help would be appreciated.

Have tried flashing the bios to the latest update via USB. Red light continues to persist.

NeedComputerHelp

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015

Everything starts up. Including the water pump for the cpu cooling.

The computer has to be basically working in order to update this motherboard BIOS I understand. So if the computer does not appear to even complete the POST procedure, then it would be impossible to update the BIOS.

In the event that the motherboard BIOS is an early version, strongly suggest getting/borrowing an early CPU such as the FX-6100, FX-6200, FX-8100, FX-8120, FX-8150, or one from the many other CPU's since BIOS revision 0311 from the list here.

Then use that early CPU to get the system running and then update the BIOS.

Once BIOS is updated, then reinstall the FX-9370 CPU.

In the event the system doesn't boot with the early CPU installed, then there may be a problem with the motherboard.

NeedComputerHelp

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015

I'll certainly try this out.

NeedComputerHelp

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
So the above solution did not work. I went ahead and RMA'd the motherboard. After 10 days of repair. It was sent back today. No noticeable changes, go ahead and install all the components and the Red CPU LED continues to persist. I am lost now.

Confirm that the PSU cables are connected properly, including the CPU auxiliary power supply?

Different compatible memory was tried as well?

Could try another known working PSU, and/or try the EVGA PSU in another computer.

If issues still persist, still suspect there is an problem with the motherboard.

NeedComputerHelp

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015

I will try a different set of Memory. I don't believe the PSU is at fault since it was just purchased just a month ago. But I'll have it tested out as well.