Computer will not POST with GPU installed

May 2, 2018
SYSTEM:
----------------
CPU: core i4-4690
PSU: Corsair 550Watt (brand new, bought it today)
MOBO: MSI Z97A gaming 7
RAM: DDR3-1667
GPU: XFX RX 580
Windows 10 on SSD

PROBLEM:
----------------
If I plug in my GPU into my motherboard, the system won't POST. Meaning - no fans spin, nothing lights up on motherboard.
The LEDs by the CPU don't turn on. No beeps. The motherboard acts like its not getting any power.

The CPU fan won't spin. No fans on the GPU spin. Nothing lights up on the motherboard

If I remove the GPU, the system boots into Windows fine.

I've put the GPU in all 3 different PCI-E slots. When I press the power button on the motherboard, no matter what slot the GPU is in, nothing happens. That means, no fans spin. No LEDs lights up on the motherboard. No fans on the GPU spin. No beeps. The LEDs by the CPU don't turn on

BACKGROUND:
---------------------
Been wanting to play some games on my old system. So, I bought a new PSU today and an RX 580.
The system worked for about an hour, then, the system abruptly shut off.

THINGS I'VE TRIED
-------------------------
+ Resetting CMOS - removed CMOS battery and RAM and stared computer
+ Made sure all 8 pins are plugged into GPU
+ Tried a different 8 pin to 8 pin cable
+ Removed GPU - system boots into Windows fine

EDIT:
--------
I *LITERALLY* went to my downstairs neighbor and asked to borrow his GPU. It's an Nvidia GTX 860. My computer works just fine (boots and windows 10 works and lets me log in) using it.

I think, I got a bad GPU :-/

May 2, 2018
Thanks for the quick replies. I apparently did not provide enough info. The power requirements listed on the GPU box was 500Watts. The XFX model was the GTS not the XXX Black edition one.

Hence, I figured 550W was acceptable. Especially since my CPU is 75W (I think) and I have 2 sticks of RAM and a SSD. There's not a lot of draw on the system.

If I can find another 580 for $350 I'll buy it and if it too doesn't start up, then I'll up the PSU. Thanks for the help!