Computer will not reboot network

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukiedogg

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Hello,
my computer says to reboot to network but I can not get it to reboot. I think it could possibly be the connection to the network will not work. What can I do?

Solution

You are not much for giving system information.
Can you boot at all ? If so gointo network connections and check settings including tcp/ip settings. (ipconfig) can also be of use.

Might also have to repair OS from Windows CD Boot

You are not much for giving system information.
Can you boot at all ? If so gointo network connections and check settings including tcp/ip settings. (ipconfig) can also be of use.

Might also have to repair OS from Windows CD Boot

Solution
From the sound of things, I don't think you actually want to boot to a network boot device do you?

This happens when the PC can't find another boot device and tries to look for another one, one of which is the PXE network boot. You probably want to boot off the hard-drive. Reseat the hard-drive in the case, try again. If that fails, go into the BIOS and make sure that the drive is seen there, if it is, go into the boot order in the BIOS and make sure that the drive is in the boot device listing. If the drive is not seen by the BIOS, you need to test that drive with another PC in an external USB case or as a secondary drive to see if it can be read.

If the PC won't boot off the original drive, you'll need to get a new one, and install Windows on that, then copy the data off the old drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.