Computer will not shut down properly

G

My computer wont shut down properly. I know there are thousands of q&a's like these online, but none of the ones I read solve my issue. When I click shut down on my computer, it shows the shutting down screen, then the monitors return no signal. Sounds good, right? But then 15 minutes later, the fans and hard drives are still spinning with the hard drive indicator non stop is turned on. I decide I cant do anything until I turn it off, so I flip the switch on my PSU. Next time I turn it on, it gets stuck on the Windows 10 boot screen (the four blue tiles on a black background) After a few minutes it says scanning and repairing S: Steam which is my steam hard drive for my games. I have turned my computer off twice and it happened both times. If anybody knows why its not shutting down I would appreciate it a lot.

G

It's definitely not my power supply or windows update. And as a update, my steam hard drive just died. As in, all the information is gone and it crashes explorer every time i try to open it.

G

I'll try it today, thanks. (Now that I think about it, I think I just witnessed the subsequent destruction of my second hard drive.)
In commemoration of Hard Drive 1. Rest in Peace 2014-2016. In commemoration of Hard Drive 2, Rest in Peace 2015-2016. I will remember you.