Computer will not turn on! Help Please!

parkera12

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
So I was running my computer fine specs below.

Computer was working fine for about 2 or 3 days and went to plug in my usb cord to charge my phone and boom off went the computer. Tried many things and cannot get to turn back on. Tried my brothers motherboard in the case and it powered on which leads me to believe that the motherboard may have fried somehow. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

AJ

i5-4570
gigabyte h87-d3h
Gigiabyte geforce gtx 660
Corsair CX600
Case is Antec GX500

Solution

Well, we don't know how many HDs or case fans or the age of his PSU. Although... looking at this newegg review for his case:
USB rendered computer useless!
Pros: Cheap, USB 3 in front

Cons: Plugged in iPhone charged in for the first time and computer shut off. Still won't turn on, tried disconnecting USB from case still won't turn. Not even sure where to go from here. Hopefully...

pit_1209

Distinguished
Maybe your motherboard is done but we have to know if your cpu is fine and that is just trying with another mobo.

That can happen, it happen to me once, my motherboard just didn´t work but is rare that the cpu got fried with something like that.

pit_1209

Distinguished

I thought that but what kind of usb device will limit a psu, and his psu it´s a good one.

Well, we don't know how many HDs or case fans or the age of his PSU. Although... looking at this newegg review for his case:
USB rendered computer useless!
Pros: Cheap, USB 3 in front

Cons: Plugged in iPhone charged in for the first time and computer shut off. Still won't turn on, tried disconnecting USB from case still won't turn. Not even sure where to go from here. Hopefully nothing else got damaged from this but not looking good.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129191

Solution

pit_1209

Distinguished

That could be the reason.