Question Computer will not turn on...

Sep 17, 2020
So recently I’ve had some problems with my computer lately. It’s about 4.5 years old from the time I built it. I’m not really savvy with specs and stuff so I decided to come here.

For the past few days I’ve been playing games on my pc and once in a while it would make a glitch type of noise in my headset and then completely shut down. The thing is all of the lights on the motherboard are still on, the fans just stop. From there I can reset the computer by holding down the power button and turning it back on.

But today it shut down again and this time when I tried resetting it, I won’t turn on. When I try to power it on the PSU fan turns on but the rest of the case fans and CPU fans do not, and the lights on the motherboard turn on too.

I’ve tried turning off the PSU from the switch in the back of my pc and unplugging it from the power source but that did not work. I can’t check temps inside the pc anymore either cause I can’t turn it on. Anyone know if it’s my motherboard or my PSU that’s gone bad, before I replace either one of them, or if it’s anything else? Thanks :)

Sep 17, 2020
AMD Ryzen 3 3100 3.6 GHz quad core
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4
G. Skill NT Series 8 GB (2x4GB)
Western Digital 1 TB
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Corsair CXM750

When I plug PC into power source, switch on PSU and press power button, only PSU fan works, all other fans do not spin. Motherboard lights work however too. Maybe it’s the mother board?

Is your WD 1TB a mechanical hard drive or SSD?
Have you tried clearing the CMOS? (unplug the computer and remove the motherboards coin battery for at least 30 seconds)
Have you tried booting with the WD 1TB drive disconnected to see if you can get into the BIOS?
Have you double-checked all the cables from your modular PSU, at both ends?