[SOLVED] Computer will not work with 2 sticks of Ram.

Mar 12, 2020
I recently got 2 new 8 GB sticks of RAM identical to what was already in my work PC so that I could expand and use that other stick elsewhere. Unfortunately when I try to put both new sticks in, the computer will not post. It works fine with one stick of the new stuff in either slot. I have another identical computer and tried it in that with the same result. I took the factory ram from the other computer and put both factory sticks in my computer and it boots fine. Any idea why the new RAM will not work when in both slots?

The DIMMs and RAM and both fine, the board and processor are fine. The ram is listed in the manufactures approved list.

Board - H110M-R
Ram - Mushkin PC4-2133 15-15-15-35 (both factory and new are the same)
Processor - Intel(R) Core i5-6600 303GHz
OS - Windows 10

Mar 12, 2020
Is it always the same stick that causes this? Probably one stick is faulty.

What if you do only the bad stick.
Both sticks result in the same thing. I have tried every configuration possible in multiple computers and the result is the same. When only one of either stick is in it works fine, only when I use both does it fail to post.

Last edited:

PCguy12345

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
Both sticks result in the same thing. I have tried every configuration possible in multiple computers and the result is the same. When only one of either stick is in it works fine, only when I use both does it fail to post.
This is most likely a problem with your motherboard, not the RAM. If you return it, most retailers will troubleshoot the board and then determine if it's a problem. Before you do so try to reset the CMOS battery. (watch a video)

Mar 12, 2020
This is most likely a problem with your motherboard, not the RAM. If you return it, most retailers will troubleshoot the board and then determine if it's a problem. Before you do so try to reset the CMOS battery. (watch a video)
I tried the RAM in 2 other completely identical computers and had the same result, leading me to believe it is not the board. I also tried to reset the CMOS and it made no difference. Also with the original RAM stick and one from the other computers it works fine.

PCguy12345

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
I tried the RAM in 2 other completely identical computers and had the same result, leading me to believe it is not the board. I also tried to reset the CMOS and it made no difference. Also with the original RAM stick and one from the other computers it works fine.
Which RAM did you buy? Because it might not support dual-channel.