[SOLVED] Computer wiped itself??

Nov 11, 2019
I was on my computer as usual, clicked on something on the desktop. Its icon disappeared. Clicked another icon and it disappeared also, saying that it no longer exists at that location. So I turned off my computer and now it won't boot up, only booting to my motherboard's BIOS screen.

Was my SSD wiped? I'm running Win10 with Malwarebytes pro and I don't go on malicious websites, so I doubt malware is to blame.

If it's of any use, a few weeks ago I replaced my PSU due to failure, which is the only hiccup I've had with the machine.

Solution
D
Clean install windows and if that doesn’t fix it and you have dying hardware
I was on my computer as usual, clicked on something on the desktop. Its icon disappeared. Clicked another icon and it disappeared also, saying that it no longer exists at that location. So I turned off my computer and now it won't boot up, only booting to my motherboard's BIOS screen.

Was my SSD wiped? I'm running Win10 with Malwarebytes pro and I don't go on malicious websites, so I doubt malware is to blame.

If it's of any use, a few weeks ago I replaced my PSU due to failure.
How old is your hard drive? This might be a corrupted Windows install, or a dying hard drive. If your BIOS isn't showing your boot drive, it is most probably the latter.

Nov 11, 2019
Could be a corrupted Windows installation then. Try connecting your SSD to another system with a different boot drive, see if it is detected and shows all your data.
The OS just booted up again, and is running fine except that those 2 icons I clicked are still missing. When I now click on icons they aren't disappearing.