Computer with non replaceable cpu

GraySenshi

Reputable
Apr 15, 2016
Iv herd some computers mainly the smaller form factor computers have parts that are non replaceable or soldered in is this actually true and how hold you know if that was the case

Solution
Older laptops are known to have their CPUs soldered onto the motherboard. There's no real way of knowing until you take it apart and check for yourself. A quick google search could possibly tell you but if it's a lesser known laptop then the information may not be there.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
Older laptops are known to have their CPUs soldered onto the motherboard. There's no real way of knowing until you take it apart and check for yourself. A quick google search could possibly tell you but if it's a lesser known laptop then the information may not be there.

Solution

toshibitsu

Distinguished

Actually, most older laptops had replaceable/upgradable CPU's. Older gaming laptops even had replaceable/upgradable GPU's. These days most/all laptops(both gaming and non-gaming) have both the CPU and GPU integrated into the motherboard.

Apr 24, 2019
Yah, Im planning on gettting an Intel NUC 7 w/ i5 from Amazon sometime this month, and it said in the product details that the the processor was non-removable. I looked on YT for any videos detailing how to remove them but i didn't find anything.