iAmPandi

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015
Hey, so yesterday I received my new cpu that I ordered from cex, it’s a i7 6700k second hand, my computer specs at the moment:

• CPU: Intel i5 7400
  • GPU: Asus Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
  • HDD: 1TB
  • RAM: 8GB DDR4
  • Motherboard: ASUS H110M-R
  • PSU: FSP 350w
As I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to upgrading and changing computer parts myself I got a good friend to help me do it over the phone so he could guide me, first thing I did was remove the cpu, replaced it with my new i7 and put everything back together, when I tried it the first time it was running my fans inside but nothing was showing on my screen and my keyboard/mouse lights weren’t even turning on, we then put my old cpu back in and ez flashed the bios with a newer version, then switched the cpu back to the new one and it loaded everything fine, I got to the computer desktop and we checked cpuz and it said it was only using half the cores and threads that it’s supposed to so my friend did some research, I downloaded the intel technology program where it identifies your cpu and cores etc and it was exactly the amount it should be but yet my computer was only using half, so my friend told me to go to msiconfig and uncheck how many cores the pc would use so that it would technically force it to use all of them, I did what he said it force restarted and ever since then it would blue screen at the start, so I got a usb with Windows on it and went in to bios before the blue screen so I could boot from my usb, I applied the changes through my bios and restarted so I could do a fresh install of windows remove all old drivers etc but it would still blue screen way before it was loading what was on my usb stick, and now it’s not even booting up to my bios, it’s not showing any image but all the fans are running inside, keyboard and mouse lights aren’t turning on like they used to once I turned my computer on, anyone have any ideas on how to help me fix this I’d really appreciate it! Thank you!

I forget to mention that after that we then tried taking my motherboard battery out and draining the power out for a minute then placing it back in, it hasn’t done anything to fix it.

iAmPandi

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015
ram test? look for bend pin on the mobo? try without the 1050ti?

I actually just unplugged everything out of the motherboard and plugged it back in, I tried the i7 first and it still bluescreens, even if I try and boot it from the usb with windows on it, so I took it out and placed my i5 back in and my computer ran some repairs on start up and then it fixed itself, I'm now on the computer and it's working fine with my old proccessor, so I assume something was loose but I'm still facing the blue screen problem when trying to use the i7, any ideas on how I can fix that?