Question Computer won’t fully boot. Red LED CPU

Oct 14, 2018
Look I’ll make this short because apparently this site doesn’t have an auto save feature and everything I typed disappeared after using a different app, so sorry if anything’s outta place or its not organized as I intended it to be.
So my specs are:
CPU: i7-8700k
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-a
CPU Voltage, CPU Bus Speed, ETC: https://valid.x86.fr/jayktj{Changed}
Ram/Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 2666MHz 16GB (8x2){Changed} 3200MHZ
Cooling: Masterair MA610P
PSU:EVGA supernova 550WG
Case: CoolerMaster h500
My issue is that my computer is stuck in a power up loop. It won’t fully turn on. I have tried all the basic possible solutions you probably know. I check the PSU, the plugs, the rams slots and the sticks, made sure nothing was touching the MoBo. I haven’t decided whether it may be a faulty MoBo/CPU.
The PC was able to actually boot up a few times, but only after being in a loop like state for a few hours., and that is why I have yet to decide to tamper with my CPU or worse return it, and the same for my MoBo. That is why I came here to help get my issue solved. Here’s a video showing you the sound my CPU fan keeps making during this loop -
View: https://youtu.be/VYSAqB0KNc8

Again, I assume this is the Fan turning Off/On really quickly, but have yet to understand why this is. The RED LED(CPU LIGHT) keeps blinking as well the DRAM LIGHT. Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 14, 2018
I actually should have mentioned this, but my power button wasn’t working, so I decided to swap my power button plug with the reset plug. So now my reset button is my power button.

winks42

Respectable
when you say "swapped" switches did you change them on the front IO on the mobo or did you change out the physical buttons? Make sure the broken button isn't plugged in and that the reset cable is where the normal power would be. If that doesn't work make sure dust isn't under the cpu or that there isnt anything blocking any of the pins

Hazzahead

Reputable
Apr 22, 2019
I know it's an ASUS motherboard, but this video might help with your power button cables.
Have you tried reseating the CPU or checking if any of the CPU slot is damaged? If the CPU LED is flashing then it is most likely a CPU issue.