Computer won’t boot, black screen, detects monitor but no display

Aug 17, 2018
Hi, my computer turns on and then everything seems to run fine but there is no display on the screen, ive changed the ram slots, ive trued unplugging and holding the power button, but it still doesn’t run properly. This isn’t the first time it’s happened and Im really hoping that it’d turn on somehow, is my mobo or cpu dead??? I did mess around with over clocking and when the problem fades away it always says there was an error and my setting on overclocking gets reset to the factory default. I put it back into my overclocked settings but now I feel like I’ve just been killing my mobo and cpu over the year :(

Solution
if the mb has onboard video pull the gpu see if it comes on. if not try clearing the cmos see if with default settings the mb posts. if there no post try another power supply. sometimes a power supply can 1/2 die and still power up fans.
if the mb has onboard video pull the gpu see if it comes on. if not try clearing the cmos see if with default settings the mb posts. if there no post try another power supply. sometimes a power supply can 1/2 die and still power up fans.

Solution
Aug 17, 2018

Thats exactly what i did right after positing this, completely forgot i could reset the mobo. Im assuming this happened cause my mobo isn't exactly meant for overclocking. Thanks tho mate!