Question Computer won’t boot to Windows 10.

Sep 12, 2021
This has been an issue for quite a while now but I’ve just shrugged it off since sports and school had been starting.

One day after installing a new surge protector my computer stopped working. It worked perfectly fine the night I installed it, but after waking up, it no longer worked.

When I boot up my computer, it turns on perfectly fine. GPU fans spin, (then slowly come to a stop, not sure if that’s normal) case fan turns on, RAM LEDs work, keyboard and mouse get power, etc. One thing that I have noticed is that one of my monitors turns on, and has a solid blue light. The other one turns on, but has a blue blinking light (which I read means that the monitor is on, but is not receiving any power from the computer.). The monitor that doesn’t receive power is always just a blank screen. The monitor that does receive power always says the same thing though, first asking if I want to boot into BIOS, if I don’t do that it says “Preparing Automatic Repair”, nothing happens, then says “Diagnosing Your PC”, nothing happens. If I do boot to BIOS, then exit out of BIOS, it says the same thing. “Preparing Automatic Repair”, then “Diagnosing Your PC”, but after that, it shows up with the blue “Automatic Repair” screen. I have the option to either shut down my computer or go to advanced options. Clicking “Shut down” just does the same thing as if I were to start the computer and not open it to BIOS. Clicking advanced options gives me the “Continue”, “Use a device”, “Troubleshoot”, and “Turn off your PC” options. Clicking “Troubleshoot” brings me to a “Reset this PC” and a “Advanced options” option. “Advanced options” brings me to a screen with the options “Startup Repair”, “Startup Settings”, “Command Prompt”, “Uninstall Updates”, UEFI Firmware Settings”, and “System Restore” the only thing I have tried doing is “Startup Repair”. That brings me to the start of the original “Startup Repair” blue screen again. My computer will not boot to Windows 10 at all.

My motherboard does not have integrated graphics, so that doesn’t work.

I have no idea of what else I could possibly do to make it work. Please, if you have any idea, let me know. If I left anything out that you should know, please let me know. Thank you.

sonofjesse

Distinguished
I would take it to a local computer shop if its worth fixing. If i's older or really low specs, be easier to buy a new one.

They also have people who will troubleshoot remote, but that will be harder if this is a hardware issue.

Without any info, sounds like you rebooted it after patches and its haveing an issue, you can always manually repair windows 10 or reinstall.

Sep 12, 2021
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

Sorry, I don’t know much about computers and this a prebuilt. This is everything I can remember/visually see.

GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
Motherboard - TUF X470-PLUS GAMING
PSU - 800W PRESTIGE POWER

Like I said, I really don’t know much about computers and I don’t know what else there is for me to say. Please let me know if I missed out on anything again.

Sep 12, 2021
I would take it to a local computer shop if its worth fixing. If i's older or really low specs, be easier to buy a new one.

They also have people who will troubleshoot remote, but that will be harder if this is a hardware issue.

Without any info, sounds like you rebooted it after patches and its haveing an issue, you can always manually repair windows 10 or reinstall.

I don’t think it’s very old at all. 2070 Super, TUF X470, Ryzen 7 3700X, actually better than most of the people I’ve been gaming with.