[SOLVED] Computer won’t boot with graphics card plugged into PSY

Feb 24, 2019
My specs:
Intel i7-8700
Asus ROG STRIX z370-h motherboard
Gigabyte 1070ti graphics card
16 gigs of 3200 MHz ram
EVGA 850w power supply

I’m new to building pc’s and me and my dad were just uograded my old one and once we built it, it wouldn’t boot. We figured out that it will boot with my graphics card in the PCI slot, but it will not boot when we plug it into the PSU. Another issue we are having is it won’t boot with the hard drive in it either. Does any know the issue here and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
We have an SSD that has an OS on it, but it won’t start with the graphics card plugged into the PSU. It will start without the graphics card plugged into the PSU. We just tested the hardrive on another computer and it didn’t recognize it, so we’re thinking it broke somehow.
then connect the vga or hdmi wire to the motherboard socket and turn on the pc and then install the drivers of the graphics card which came along the graphics card and turn off the pc and then connect the display wire to the gpu
Feb 24, 2019
have you installed a os in it?
if no then create bootable pendrive or get a cd! AND install
and connect the vga or hdmi wire to the graphics card

Feb 24, 2019
We have an SSD that has an OS on it, but it won’t start with the graphics card plugged into the PSU. It will start without the graphics card plugged into the PSU. We just tested the hardrive on another computer and it didn’t recognize it, so we’re thinking it broke somehow.

Feb 24, 2019
then connect the vga or hdmi wire to the motherboard socket and turn on the pc and then install the drivers of the graphics card which came along the graphics card and turn off the pc and then connect the display wire to the gpu

Solution
Feb 24, 2019

We figured out the issue. We used a Corsair PSU wire with a EVGA power supply. We killed the parts by using the wrong cables, therefore that is why they weren’t working. I just got a new hard drive and I’m waiting on the GPU warranty. Thanks for the help!