[SOLVED] Computer won’t load past motherboard logo screen

May 23, 2020
So about a week ago my computer started loading through the motherboard logo screen super slowly, taking about 10-15 seconds to boot. I went ahead and tried to look things up online to try and fix this issue. After doing a disk check scan in CMD it notified me that one of my drives was corrupted. So as I tried to get into my BIOS settings to change the boot order, my computer now refuses to load at all past the motherboard logo. Startup repair doesn’t fix anything, I’ve completely restored the computer back to factory default but I am still having the issue. I’ve tested both ram sticks, reset the CMOS battery but nothing is working.

Here are my exact computer specs:
Aorus B450 Pro WiFi motherboard
MSI VENTUS RTX 2060 GPU
16GB RAM
650W PSU
RYZEN 5 3600 CPU

for now I am just letting the motherboard logo load to see if my computer will boot up at all.

Solution
One of your drives most likely is faulty.
You have to find, which one. Could be both too, but less likely.
If SSD is faulty (with windows on it), then reinstall windows on HDD (ssd disconnected).
If HDD is faulty, then it would be enough to recreate bootloader on SSD to make it bootable (again - faulty drive disconnected).
May 23, 2020
Also, even if I get into the BIOS settings, it won’t let me move the mouse and it takes about 5 seconds to recognize each of my arrow and enter commands

May 23, 2020
You probably installed windows with more than one drive connected.
In this case your SSD alone is not bootable. Also drive containing bootloader is necessary to boot the system.
Yeah 2 drives were connected during installation I believe, my 500GB SSD And a 1TB hard drive. How do I go about fixing this issue though? Do I have to replace both?

If SSD is faulty (with windows on it), then reinstall windows on HDD (ssd disconnected).
If HDD is faulty, then it would be enough to recreate bootloader on SSD to make it bootable (again - faulty drive disconnected).

Reactions: mctrader07
Solution
May 23, 2020
But how exactly do I test for faulty drives if my computer doesn’t want to boot at all?

May 23, 2020
But how exactly do I test for faulty drives if my computer doesn’t want to boot at all?
Nvm I found the issue, my SSD is corrupted, currently installing windows 10 on my hard drive till I can go buy a new SSD, I unplugged the SSD and the boot menu moved so much faster, ty for all the help and info guys, really appreciate it!

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
before buying a new sdd could you try to reinstall the os on it as the only one is system in the first sata slot on the board also see if you could have ssd test in as secondary drive with is maker software you might be able to rma it if still under warranty .